FairVote Minnesota Legislative Campaign Organizer
June 7, 2015 -- FairVote Minnesota seeks a Legislative Campaign Organizer to help lead our grassroots organizing efforts for the passage of a Ranked Choice Voting Local Options bill during the 2016 legislative session. This person will be responsible for planning and executing our grassroots legislative strategy during the summer and through the end of the 2016 legislative session.
1. Planning and Development: The Legislative Campaign Organizer will be responsible for drafting our organizing plan for the passage of the Local Options bill in conjunction with the Director of Campaigns, the Executive Director and our lobbying team.
2. Communications: Will work with the FairVote Minnesota communications team to draft press releases, OpEds, Letters to the Editor and other public communications as needed.
3. Coalition Building: Will provide outreach and build support among targeted organizations to help advance passage of the Local Options bill.
3. Organizing: Will work to develop a volunteer structure across all targeted districts in Minnesota to ensure FairVote Minnesotas presence at community events, candidate forums, town halls, etc.
4. Awareness Campaign: Will develop and push our awareness campaign to engage the public about the Local Options bill through media events, public forums and voter to voter conversations.
5. Staff Hiring and Management as needed
6. Other duties as needed
- At least one cycle of organizing experience as a Field Organizer or similar
- Experience in outreach and working with diverse organizations
- Experience in communications and staff management is preferred
- Interest in Ranked Choice Voting and election issues
- High attention to detail and ability to track multiple projects simultaneously
- A passion for community engagement and organizing
Salary is commensurate with experience. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Position is open until filled.