Looking for an opportunity to help reform our broken electoral system? As the political scene gets ever more frustrating, its critical for people to know that theres a better way to elect our leaders and you can help spread the word!
Here are a few options for you to get involved:
- Write a Letter to the Editor. One of the easiest and most impactful ways to promote Ranked Choice Voting is to write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper explaining why you support this smarter, more inclusive, and more representative voting system. You probably already have a favorite benefit of Ranked Choice Voting; why not write a few sentences about it and help educate others in your local paper? Check out some talking points here to help you get started.
- Serve as an Election Judge. Election judges are in high demand this presidential election year, especially in Minneapolis, and were helping the city recruit volunteers. Working as an election judge gives you a unique, up-close look at democracy in action and is a rewarding way to support FairVote Minnesota! Get more details and learn how to sign up here. If you live elsewhere, the Secretary of State has a helpful page with information about becoming an election judge, with links to city- and county-specific application pages.
- Work a shift at the State Fair. Once again, well have a fun, interactive educational booth at the State Fair, which runs from August 25 through Labor Day. We are seeking to fill 24 four-hour shifts, and hope you can join us for at least one of them! All volunteers will receive a free entrance ticket. See you at the Great Minnesota Get-Together!
- Contact your candidates. All legislative seats are up for election this year, and its more important than ever that they hear from their constituents about the importance of RCV and secure their support for the RCV local options bill. Visit the Secretary of States website to learn who is running in your district.
- Help with data entry. Would like to help from the comfort of your home? Consider helping with data entry. We are continuously out at events or canvassing and signing up new supporters. We need assistance with data entry to ensure timely follow up and engagement with our members.
- Cant volunteer your time? Then consider making a donation. Structural reform like Ranked Choice Voting is essential to combatting the hyperpartisanship, polarization, spoiler concerns and cynicism plaguing our politics, and your investment in this movement is crucial. A gift to FairVote Minnesota is an easy and quick way to show your support for this commonsense reform. Click here to give!
Contact us at email@example.com for more information or to sign up to help in any of these ways!
Thank you for all of your support we could not do it without you! We look forward to hearing from you!
The FairVote Minnesota team