2020 is a critical year for democracy reform. Join your fellow Ranked Choice Voting supporters by attending your precinct caucus on Tuesday, February 25!
Note, this year there will NOT be a presidential straw poll at precinct caucuses as there has historically been. Starting this year, Minnesota will hold a presidential primary, which is on March 3 (early voting starts January 17).
Your caucus is the first step of a season of political party conventions where you get to decide on issues and candidates that matter to you. You will meet like-minded neighbors, introduce resolutions on issues and volunteer to become delegates to your senate district, county, state and national conventions. (The DFL State Convention is May 30-31 in Rochester. The GOP State Convention is May 16 in Rochester.). See SOS Caucus page for more information for all parties.
Working together, we can ensure that RCV, which is a core part of several party platforms, becomes a top priority conversation in the races for legislative and presidential offices.
We are asking RCV supporters in every senate district across Minnesota to go to caucuses and do three things:
- Introduce a resolution to make RCV a priority at the local and state level in Minnesota. Download your resolution: DFL resolution, GOP resolution, or generic party resolution.
- Sign up RCV supporters: Click here to download and print a signup form. (You can scan send them back by email to email@example.com or by mail to 550 Vandalia St., Ste 210, St. Paul, MN 55114.)
- Vy to become a delegate to your senate district or organizing unit convention. You may also volunteer to be a delegate to your county or other local organizing unit, but advancing to the senator district convention is the most important. Delegates for the state convention are elected at the senate district conventions.
If you've not been to a caucus before, no worries. We'll provide training and make sure you're ready! Caucuses are a community gathering with like-minded friends. You'll talk about the future of your city and state, introduce resolutions to advance RCV, and sign up to become a delegate to your district and state conventions!
Click on links below for information about your party caucuses or conventions (smaller parties may not caucus but instead hold a convention or meeting):
- DFL (FIND YOUR CAUCUS)
- Green Party
- Libertarian Party
- Grassroots-Legalize Cannabis Party
- Legal Marijuana Now Party
Click to sign up for the training that works for you! All trainings except for the 13th will be held at the FairVote Minnesota office, 550 Vandalia St, Suite 210, Saint Paul, MN 55114
- Tuesday, February 4th, 6:00-7:30pm
- Thursday, February 13th, 5:30-7:00pm - Savage Public Library
- Wednesday, February 19th, 6:00-7:30pm
- Sunday, February 23rd, 2:00-3:30pm
Contact Karl.Landskroener@fairvotemn.org if you have any questions or if none of these times work for you, and you'd like to do training by phone.
We look forward to seeing you at caucuses!