Contact Your Legislators
At a time we need it more than ever, Ranked Choice Voting is our best next step toward a stronger democracy. And with HF 89 and SF 218 under consideration, we are knocking at progress’ door.
Contact your State Representatives: Urge them to champion Ranked Choice Voting through MN HF 89 and SF 218
Ranked Choice Voting:
- Prevents candidates with small but extreme bases of support from winning elections
- Eliminates the problem of “spoiler” candidates
- Gives voters more choice and more power
- Ensures majority winners
- Fosters more civil campaigns
- Promotes a more inclusive and diverse democracy
Use this tool to contact your state legislators and urge them to support HF 89 and SF 218, the bills introduced by Representatives Elkins and Keeler and Senator Eken, which will provide for Ranked Choice Voting in statewide elections and the “local option” for all jurisdictions to use RCV if they wish.
This is the reform we need and it must be a priority this session.
Feel free to send as is or edit to precisely represent your views. Afterall, this letter is coming from you.
If you do not see a legislator listed for your district, please contact email@example.com.