FairVote Minnesota has been providing Ranked Choice Voting grassroots education and outreach since 2009 to prepare Minneapolis voters to effectively rank their ballots. We will provide the same grassroots education this year for the special election in Ward 6 in Minneapolis on Primary Day, August 11. Early voting begins June 26.
We are hiring full-time Community Organizer for the next two months to ensure Ward 6 residents are educated about and prepared to rank their ballots, and we are collaborating with the City of Minneapolis’ election staff to accomplish this goal. Specifically, the organizer will design and deliver creative strategies to reach and educate voters in our new socially distant reality, including phone-banking, zoom education system, media, among other tactics. The organizer will also assist with outreach to candidates as needed.
Work will begin upon hire and last through mid August. We specifically seek applicants who possess experience working in the Somali community and who possess necessary language speaking abilities.
We are flexible and can hire two part-time people to fill the need so if you have some time but not full-time capacity, please apply.
- Knowledge of Ward 6 in Minneapolis and understanding of its socio-economically diverse communities
- Experience (preferred) with Google spreadsheets and other technology tools to accurately record data
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Experience in voter engagement
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and support for Ranked Choice Voting
- Ability to work an irregular schedule including nights and weekends
- Access to reliable computer and internet access and phone.
Compensation: This is a full-time temporary position and compensation will be based on experience in the range of 3,400-4,300/month.
Start Date: Immediately upon hire.
To Apply: Please email your resume, brief letter of interest, and two references to Liz Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org Please direct any questions about the position by email. Interviews will begin on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.