REGIONAL ORGANIZING DIRECTOR
Send a resumé and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Regional Organizing Director."
- Manage, train, and mentor Field Organizers and Interns responsible for top-notch direct voter contact including: phone calls, data entry, and online events and, if/when possible, in-person door knocks, conventions, parades, house parties, and other events.
- Responsible for meeting regional goals for metrics and programs outlined by Campaign Manager
- Making calls and door knocking with your team
- Track progress to goal and hold Field Organizers and interns accountable for meeting their daily and weekly goals
- Act as a leader in the region with grasstops leaders and key activists, make positive connections with leaders and supporters in your region
- Communicate clear priorities, needs, and expectations up and down the chain, and implement effective communication structures with staff and volunteers
- Organize virtual house parties and events in your region.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Campaign Manager.
- Ability to travel to events and/or office location when/if feasible after COVID
- At least 1 year experience as an organizer or volunteer on electoral or issue-based campaigns.
- Preference for experience in volunteer recruitment staff management.
- Interest in Ranked Choice Voting and sincere desire to see RCV used in our statewide elections.
- Understanding and interest in Minnesota politics, especially the caucus and convention process.
- Strong leadership skills and a competitive mindset focused on meeting and exceeding goals.
- Experience with VAN
- Ability to maintain a professional and calm demeanor at all times.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Must have a car, computer and a smartphone.